Cosmetic Dentistry Options to Improve the Quality of Your Smile
April 1, 2022 fakt_md_aDmEeN
The quality of your smile is dependent on the appearance of your teeth. Apart from the essential functions they perform, your teeth also beautify your face. Thanks to them, you produce radiant smiles, boosting self-confidence and making people find you attractive. However, this is dependent on the way your teeth look. Upon eruption above the gum line, your teeth often have the perfect color, size, shape, length, and structure. However, dental defects, infections, and diseases destroy your teeth and their appearance. To restore the structure and appearance of your teeth, you should opt for cosmetic dental care at FaktorDMD – Manalapan, NJ.
Cosmetic dentistry is a dental specialty that aims to improve the physical appearance of your teeth to increase their aesthetic value and restore your smile through various dental restorative and reparative procedures. Dental defects, infections, and diseases damage your teeth and their appearance by causing them to become discolored, chip, crack, break, etc. Sometimes, these make your teeth irritating or unpleasing to look at, hence the need for cosmetic dentistry. While improving the appearance of your teeth, cosmetic dental procedures sometimes enhance the efficiency of your teeth to carry out their functions.
When Do You Need Cosmetic Dental Care?
Cosmetic dental care is only needed to improve the appearance of your pearly whites; therefore, it is not necessary if your teeth are in perfect condition. The following are indications that you need cosmetic dental care:
- Discolored teeth: Your teeth are naturally white/pale yellow. However, due to the effects of food stains, environmental factors, bad oral habits, etc., they may take on other colors which are irritating to see.
- Chipped/cracked/broken teeth: Your teeth are likely to crack, chip, or break under undue pressure or a blow to the face. That makes your teeth uneven and ugly.
- Missing teeth: You must possess teeth before worrying about their condition. While you might experience tooth loss to accidents, diseases, etc., getting them replaced is possible with cosmetic dentistry.
- Embarrassing smile: Whatever it is about the appearance of your teeth that makes you feel self-conscious and embarrassed when you smile is fixable by a smile makeover specialist.
Cosmetic Dental Procedures
The following are procedures you are likely to encounter while undergoing cosmetic dental care:
- Teeth Whitening: This procedure involves bleaching and whitening the existing color of discolored teeth to whiten or lighten them. Accumulation of stains from foods and drinks, tobacco, excessive fluoride, etc., cause your teeth to take on an unnatural color. However, teeth whitening helps to make your teeth sparkle once again.
- Dental Bonding: Chips, cracks, and uneven length of the teeth destroy your smile. If you are looking to fix these defects, a Manalapan dentist, through dental bonding, closes gaps between the teeth, change the teeth’ shape, and repairs chipped/cracked teeth by applying and hardening a tooth-colored resin on your teeth.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are wafer-thin, custom-made, tooth-colored shells that are placed over the surface of your teeth to change their color, shape, size, length, and overall appearance. This cosmetic dental option fixes various dental defects in a single procedure, saving money, time, and energy.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over a weak or badly damaged cap to improve its appearance. Suppose your natural teeth have suffered severe damage from accidents or diseases. In that case, a dental crown is an excellent cosmetic dental option to protect and change the appearance of whatever is left.
- Dental Implants: Missing teeth give you a toothless smile which is unappealing. If you wish to replace your missing teeth artificially, you should consider dental implants. Dental implants are titanium-made tooth roots surgically placed into the jawbone to provide a foundation for replacement teeth.
- Gum Reshaping: If your teeth look short and give you a gummy smile, it might result from excess gum tissues. Gum reshaping removes and contours excess gum tissues to expose more teeth.
- Orthodontics: Through orthodontic devices, orthodontics helps to correct crooked and misaligned teeth, preventing you from producing beautiful smiles. Some of these devices include braces, clear aligners, retainers, etc.
These and many more cosmetic dentistry options help change the appearance of your teeth and improve the quality of your smile.